Deadman's Reef (Paradise Cove) Tours
Read MoreShow Less
Just off Paradise Cove on Grand Bahama’s southwest coast, Deadman’s Reef is one of the area’s top snorkeling spots. The shallow waters are teeming with coral, colorful reef fish, turtles, rays, and more, and are ideal for all levels.
The best way to experience Deadman’s Reef is to snorkel. You can swim to the reef from the white-sand beach at Paradise Cove (grab one of the floating rafts, if you need a break), paddle a kayak, or pay for a boat to take you there and back. Afterward, dig in to some fresh seafood at the beachside grill, and wash it down with a cold beverage.
For a hassle-free day, book a package that includes round-trip transport from your hotel or cruise ship, snorkeling equipment, and a meal.
Things to Know Before You Go
- There’s a fee to access Paradise Cove.
- Amenities include a bar and grill, restrooms, showers, lockers, and equipment rental (e.g. snorkeling gear, kayaks, stand-up paddleboards, beach chairs, and umbrellas).
- Snorkeling instruction is available.
- Avoid touching or disturbing the wildlife, including coral.
How to Get There
Paradise Cove is located on Grand Bahama Island, about 15 miles (24 kilometers) from Freeport. If you’re not on an organized excursion, you can drive or take a taxi; however, be aware that some prices assume a minimum number of passengers.
When to Get There
The reef is enjoyable year-round, and tends to be busiest December through April. Hurricanes can happen between June and November—be sure to check the weather.
Other Grand Bahama Island Snorkeling Spots
Similar to Deadman’s Reef, Peterson Cay is known for its shallow waters. To reach it, you’ll need to rent a boat or kayak. One of two blue holes in Lucayan National Park, Ben’s Cave is popular with scuba divers as well as snorkelers. And to marvel at coral beds, head to Silver Point Reef, south of Freeport.
Address: Deadman's Reef, Freeport, Bahamas
1 Tours and Activities to Experience Deadman's Reef (Paradise Cove)
Enjoy a day at Paradise Cove in Western Grand Bahama with this day pass, including round-trip transportation from Freeport. Stroll on the secluded white sand beach, relax in a lounge chair, or go snorkeling on Deadman's Reef. This family-friendly beach excursion lets you avoid the crowds and includes food and drinks from Paradise Cove's beach bar. Or choose the "snorkel only" option and enjoy your day in the waves without the extras.
Frequently Asked Questions
What's the best way to experience Deadman's Reef (Paradise Cove)?
The best ways to experience Deadman's Reef (Paradise Cove) are:See all Deadman's Reef (Paradise Cove) experiences on Viator.
Things to do near Freeport
- Things to do in Grand Bahama Island
- Things to do in West Palm Beach
- Things to do in Boca Raton
- Things to do in Fort Lauderdale
- Things to do in Miami
- Things to do in Nassau
- Things to do in Key Largo
- Things to do in Everglades National Park
- Things to do in Cocoa Beach
- Things to do in Cape Canaveral
- Things to do in Naples
- Things to do in Fort Myers
- Things to do in Orlando
- Things to do in New Providence Island
- Things to do in Florida