Myrtle Waves Water Park
Myrtle Waves Water Park pumps some 1.2 million gallons of water daily through churning wave pools, meandering rapids, super slides, and calming raft rides, perfect for cooling down during the hot South Carolina summer. The state’s largest water park features more than 30 attractions catering to both thrill seekers and the tiniest visitors.
Myrtle Waves Water Park is one of the most popular spots for families, particularly during the summer months. Admission is based on height (over or under 48 inches), and kids under two years of age get in free. Visitors planning to make multiple trips to the water park can opt for a weeklong pass (good for seven consecutive days), while budget travelers can save with a twilight ticket, which grants entrance three hours before closing. Park goers can also upgrade their ticket with unlimited rides on the park’s FlowRider surf simulator.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Myrtle Waves Water Park has attractions for kids of all ages, making it a great choice for visiting families.
- Book your tickets ahead of time to skip the line at the ticket counter and enjoy more time inside the park.
- The wheelchair-accessible water park offers picnic tables, restrooms, a diaper changing station, and an ATM.
How to Get There
The water park is on Highway 17 Bypass in Myrtle Beach. The best way to get there is by car, and ample parking is available for vehicles of all sizes.
When to Get There
Myrtle Waves Water Park is open from May to early September, though hours can vary significantly throughout the season. Thursday night is family night, offering discounted admission for families in the late afternoon and evening hours. Sunday tends to be the quietest day.
Myrtle Beach Water Parks Myrtle Waves Water Park is the largest in South Carolina, but it’s not the only water park on the Grand Strand. Wild Water & Wheels combines water park attractions with mini golf, bumper boats, and go carts. Splashes is an oceanfront water park just steps from the beach.
- Hollywood Wax Museum Myrtle Beach
- WonderWorks Myrtle Beach
- Broadway at the Beach
- Hard Rock Cafe Myrtle Beach
- Ripley's Aquarium of Myrtle Beach
- Ripley's Haunted Adventure Laser Strike
- Ripley's Marvelous Mirror Maze
- Myrtle Beach SkyWheel
- Medieval Times Myrtle Beach
- Family Kingdom Amusement Park
- Grand Strand
- Myrtle Beach State Park
- Carolina Opry
- Barefoot Landing
- North Myrtle Beach