Kingdom of Railways
At the Kingdom of Railways, watch as model trains operate according to a regular schedule, including both day and night shifts. In an authentic simulation of railroad conditions throughout the Czech Republic, you’ll see digitally operated railcars give way to one another at crossings and stop at traffic lights. You can also attend a presentation or watch a train-themed film in one of the movie halls, or check out the exhibition’s railway artifacts.
To save time at the entrance, book your admission ticket online in advance.
Things to Know Before You Go
The Kingdom of Railways is a must-do for families and railway enthusiasts.
Most visitors spend around two hours at the Kingdom of Railways.
The building is accessible to wheelchairs and strollers.
Facilities include vending machines, baby-changing stations, and a restroom accessible to guests with disabilities.
There’s a large play area for children.
How to Get There
The Kingdom of Railways is located on two underground floors of the Anděl City administrative building. Take Prague Metro Line B—or tram 4, 5, 7, 12, 20, 21, or 24—and get off at Anděl station, a 5-minute walk away.
When to Get There
The Kingdom of Railways is open every day from 9am until 7pm—last admission is at 6pm. As the exhibition is set up to correspond to real time, visit in late afternoon or early evening to see the light change as day turns to night.
Don’t forget to stop by one of the exhibition’s most popular sights, a model of Prague at a 1:1000 scale. The interactive display features 540 feet (165 meters) of train tracks, seven train sets, and nearly 200 model buildings, including landmarks such as Prague Castle and Petřín Lookout Tower.
- Things to do in Karlovy Vary
- Things to do in Cesky Krumlov
- Things to do in Passau
- Things to do in Linz
- Things to do in Wroclaw
- Things to do in Nuremberg
- Things to do in Vienna
- Things to do in Schwechat
- Things to do in Salzburg
- Things to do in Berlin
- Things to do in Bratislava
- Things to do in Munich
- Things to do in Bohemia
- Things to do in Upper Austria
- Things to do in Lower Austria
- Staropramen Visitor Center
- Dancing House (Tancici Dum)
- Podskali Custom House at Výton (Podskalská Celnice na Výtoni)
- SS. Cyril and Methodius Cathedral (Katedrální Chrám Sv. Cyrila a Metodeje)
- Lesser Quarter (Mala Strana)
- Vltava River
- Vyšehrad National Cultural Monument
- Prague National Theatre (Národní Divadlo)
- Museum Kampa
- Petrin Tower (Petrínská Rozhledna)
- Charles Square (Karlovo Namesti)
- Czech Museum of Music (Ceske Muzeum Hudby)
- Prague New Town Hall (Novomestská Radnice)
- Reduta Jazz Club