Paris Street (Parízská)
Lined with stately townhouses, the street’s architecture is as much of an attraction as its swanky stores, with examples of neo-baroque neo-renaissance, and secession styles. Buildings feature richly decorated balconies, elegant moldings, busts, statues, turrets, and towers. In addition to its high concentration of luxury clothing boutiques, Paris Street is also home to antique stores, watch- and jewelry-makers, such as Rolex and Cartier. Those with slightly less cash to splash with also find a few outposts of mid-range high street stores, such as COS.
Things to know before you go
- Paris Street is a must-visit for shoppers.
- The street and most stores are wheelchair accessible.
- Tours of Prague’s city center often visit Paris Street.
How to get there
Paris Street is located in Prague’s Old Town of Prague, connecting Old Town Square with Čechův Bridge, and steps from the Jewish Quarter. The nearest Metro station is Staromestska, and several trams and buses run nearby as well. The street is within easy walking distance of several major hotels.
When to get there
Individual stores keep their own opening hours but are generally open from morning through early evening. Saturdays are typically the busiest time and, though it can get crowded, this is a great time to visit for people watching.
Where to Eat
Paris Street is home to some of the best cafes and restaurants in Prague. Top picks for fine dining included the Belgian restaurant Les Moules and Zlatá Praha, whose rooftop space offers spectacular views over the city by day and a more intimate candlelit atmosphere after sunset. Sunday Brunch on the terrace of Zlatá Praha is another popular choice.
- Things to do in Karlovy Vary
- Things to do in Cesky Krumlov
- Things to do in Passau
- Things to do in Linz
- Things to do in Wroclaw
- Things to do in Nuremberg
- Things to do in Vienna
- Things to do in Schwechat
- Things to do in Salzburg
- Things to do in Berlin
- Things to do in Bratislava
- Things to do in Munich
- Things to do in Bohemia
- Things to do in Upper Austria
- Things to do in Lower Austria
- Maisel Synagogue (Maiselova Synagoga)
- Franz Kafka’s Birthplace (Expozice Franze Kafky)
- Prague Old Town (Staré Mesto)
- Jewish Museum (Zidovské Muzeum)
- Prague Old Town Square (Staromestské Námestí)
- Prague City Gallery (GHMP)
- Prague Astronomical Clock (Prague Orloj)
- Prague Jewish Quarter (Josefov)
- Old New Synagogue (Staronová Synagoga)
- Old Jewish Cemetery (Starý Zidovský Hrbitov)
- Spanish Synagogue (Spanelská Synagoga)
- Pinkas Synagogue (Pinkasova Synagoga) and Old Jewish Cemetery (Starý Zidovský Hrbitov)
- The Prague Illusion
- M1 Lounge Bar & Club
- Sex Machines Museum