- Explore the canals and the inspiring temples of Bangkok on this majestic tour
- Visit the Grand Palace and see the Reclining Buddha at Wat Pho
- Travel by longtail boat through the canals of Bangkok, also known as the 'Venice of the East'
- Experience famous sights and hidden gems through the eyes of a local
- This tour is carbon neutral, operated by the world’s largest travel B Corp accredited company.
Departure & Return
Inside Sanam Chai MRT station at the bottom of the escalators of Exit 1 (Museum Siam). If you come by taxi please enter the MRT station in the grounds of Museum Siam and go down 2 sets of escalators.
What To Expect
Next up is a longtail boat for a trip down the Chao Phraya River, translated as the River of Kings. Explore the khlongs (canals) of Bangkok and get a glimpse into the past as you learn about what was once a vast network providing transport throughout the city once known as the 'Venice of the East.’
Continue on to Wat Pho for a guided tour of this impressive temple complex. Home to the Reclining Buddha, the largest reclining Buddha image in Bangkok, Wat Pho was the country’s first public university and still functions as a center of learning for traditional Thai massage and medicines.
From here, you can continue exploring on your own or your guide can assist you in getting a taxi or public transport back to your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 6 years
- Dress standard: Dress requirements to enter the Grand Palace are very strict. Please ensure your clothes cover your shoulders and waist (scarves or shawls worn over sleeveless tops are not permitted). Trousers must be ankle-length, and skirts below the knee. Please do not wear ripped, torn or see-through clothes or items that are very tight fitting such as yoga pants or leggings. Loose, lightweight, long clothing is both respectful and cool in the predominantly hot and humid Bangkok climate.
- Closure of sites: The order of touring and route of the khlong (canal) tour may change depending on the water levels in the river and individual khlongs.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Local Impact: How you will help the local community by joining this tour: This tour hires local longtail boatmen who own their own boats directly. These boatmen rely on tourism to supplement their income as modern transport routes mean fewer locals need to use their boats.
- Travellers 18+ must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Children 6-17 must present a negative COVID-19 test (PCR or lateral flow) conducted maximum 72 hours prior, proof of recovery dated up to 9 months or proof of vaccination. View full policy at urbanadventures.com/vaccine.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Intrepid Urban Adventures - Thailand
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms