9 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Immerse yourself in the history of World War II during this tour to the Bridge on the River Kwai from Bangkok. Listen to in-depth guided commentary that tells the history of the bridge itself, and learn more about the events surrounding the POWs by visiting a war museum and a POW cemetery. Additionally, you’ll ride along the tracks of the Death Railway, walk across the bridge itself, and take a long-tailed speedboat ride on the river.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in central Bangkok
- Buffet lunch provided
- Boat ride and train ride tickets included
- Guide provides navigation and commentary
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pick up and drop-off (centrally located Bangkok hotels only)
Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
Long-tailed speedboat ride
Train ride along the Death Railway
Professional Thai local guide
All Entrance Fees
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- You must provide your hotel details at time of booking, failure to do so may result in cancellation
- Child rate is priced for children lower than 100cm tall. If Over 100cm, please pay the adult rates.
- If you have mobility problems, you may have difficulties getting into or out of the long-tailed speedboat. Please advise your guide of this at the commencement of the tour. Your guide will arrange for the driver to take you to the Bridge by road instead.
- At least 2 people are required for the Shared Tour to take place. Single traveler may book this product, but is subject to availability and cancellation if minimum number of people is not met on the activity day. (Alternative date or refund will be offered should this occur.).
- Optional extras on train - approx. 200baht for upgrade on train which will guarantee seat (otherwise 'first-in-best-dressed') plus cold towel, drinking water OR approx. 300baht for upgrade on train which will guarantee seat (otherwise 'first-in-best-dressed') plus tea/coffee, drinking water, cold towel and certificate.
- This tour can be taken shared with other passengers OR private with own vehicle and guide
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- OPERATED BY I Asia Thailand
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Bridge on the River Kwai and Thailand-Burma Railway Tour?
A:The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Bridge on the River Kwai and Thailand-Burma Railway Tour?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Bridge on the River Kwai and Thailand-Burma Railway Tour?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Bridge on the River Kwai and Thailand-Burma Railway Tour?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Compare Similar Experiences
Bridge on the River Kwai and Thailand-Burma Railway Tour
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHistorical ToursFull-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsLuxury & Special OccasionsTours & SightseeingBangkokBus Tours - PattayaHistorical Tours - PattayaFull-day Tours - PattayaBus Tours - Hua HinHistorical Tours - Hua HinFull-day Tours - Hua HinBus Tours - Ko ChangHistorical Tours - Ko ChangFull-day Tours - Ko ChangCategory
Sampeng Market Wat Ratchanatdaram Woravihara (Loha Prasat) Bang RakTemple of the Great Relic (Wat Mahathat)Dusit PalaceBaipai Thai Cooking SchoolAmphawa Floating MarketJim Thompson House MuseumAlpine Golf ClubLumpini Park (Lumphini Park)Bangkok National MuseumLine Village BangkokWat Suthat ThepwararamRajadamnern Stadium Sky BarMarble Temple (Wat Benchamabophit)Flow House Bangkok Baiyoke Sky TowerCentral World Plaza Tha Kha Floating Market