- 2-hour guided walking tour of East Berlin
- Visit top Berlin sites including the Berlin Wall, Stasi headquarters, and Karl-Marx-Allee
- Get the unique opportunity to touch the remains of the Berlin Wall
- Learn from your guide about the Cold War and daily life for East Berlin citizens
- Soak up the history of the city while you sightsee
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Your guide will take you to the Berlin Wall memorial, where you’ll see a section of the Wall preserved in its original state, as well as a birds-eye view of the ‘Death Strip,’ where East Germany’s shoot-to-kill orders were carried out on would-be escapees.
Next you’ll travel to the north of Berlin to Bornholmer Strasse, where the Wall came down on November 9, 1989. Here, your guide will explain the unlikely tale of how one East German politician’s mistake brought down the Berlin Wall.
Continue deeper into East Berlin. You’ll see the Karl-Marx-Allee, a boulevard built as a monument to Stalin to demonstrate the new socialist utopia of the German Democratic Republic.
You’ll also visit the headquarters of East Germany’s terrifying secret police, the Stasi, and learn how the East German state increasingly spied upon its own people, creating a system of complete government control over its citizens. Finish your walking tour at Alexanderplatz, the site of the iconic TV tower in the heart of the former East German capital.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Original Berlin Walks
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms