Explore our promoted experiences
- Day trip from Berlin to Potsdam
- Bike tour around Potsdam
- See Sanssouci Palace and other Potsdam attractions
- Have lunch at a beer garden
- Bike rental and train transportation included
Departure & Return
Tour meets at the Fat Tire Tours Office at the base of the giant TV Tower (Fernsehturm) in Berlin's Alexanderplatz. When exiting the Alexanderplatz train station, head towards the entrance of the TV Tower and you will find our meeting point marked with flags
What To Expect
There will be a brief introduction to Potsdam before beginning the approximately 4.5-hour ride around and through this capital city of the German federal state of Brandenburg.
Pedal through the historical city center, the Russian colony Alexandrowka and the Dutch Quarter. Admire the majestic royal residences that were built during the reign of Frederick the Great. There’s Sansoucci Palace, one of the largest UNESCO World Heritage sites in Germany; New Palace, the largest and most impressive palace ensemble in Sanssouci; the small, neo-classical Charlottenhof Palace, also in Sanssouci Park; and Orangery Palace, built in the style of the High Renaissance and commissioned by King Frederick William IV.
Explore a variety of historical sites and learn the deeper meaning behind each.
See, in part, the fabulous Marble Palace and visit the Cecilienhof Palace (entry and audio guide included), where Churchill, Truman and Stalin wrote world history when discussing how to partition Germany. Coast along between the former East and West Berlin, over the Glienicke Bridge connecting Potsdam to Berlin — where Cold War spy exchanges routinely took place — and much more.
There will be time for lunch at a beer garden (own expense) that used to be the old royal dairy.
The tour concludes with a return trip to Berlin.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- OPERATED BY Fat Tire Tours - Berlin
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms