- 4-hour private tour of Berlin past and present
- Learn more about Berlin’s WWII and Cold War history from an expert guide
- Visit the Brandenburg Gate, the Holocaust Memorial, the Palace of Tears, and Hitler’s Bunker
- Sample Currywurst, Berlin’s most popular street food
- Marvel at architectural wonders on Museum Island and the Gendarmenmarkt
- Visit little-known attractions and local haunts in Mitte
- This private tour can be customized to your interests and ensures you’ll receive personalized attention from your guide
Departure & Return
Your host will meet you outside the Main Entrance of ehemaliges Kaiserliches Postfuhramt
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Next, stop to take photos of the grand Brandenburg Gate, one of the city’s most significant historic monuments, and walk through the moving Holocaust Memorial, a poignant reminder of the city’s dark past. A visit to Hitler’s bunker offers more information about Berlin’s WWII history and the rise of the Nazi party.
Re-fuel with a delicious Currywurst, a popular street food snack of sausage with curry sauce, then move on to discover a different side of the city. Stroll around the Gendarmenmarkt and Bebelplatz, home to some of Berlin’s most impressive architecture, and cross over to the UNESCO-listed Museum Island.
Finally, explore the vibrant urban quarter of Mitte, where your guide will point out little-known attractions including the Missing House on Große Hamburger Strasse and the picturesque Heckmann Höfe.
Your tour ends back at the starting point.
Please note: This tour is private and the itinerary can be customized to suit your interests and preferences.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Private tour: only you & your local guide
- CO2 Neutral: all tours carbon emissions are offset
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Withlocals
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by The History of Berlin: WWII Private Tour.
- "We cannot recommend this tour highly enough an dif you are lucky enough to get Claudia i am sure you will agree it is excellenet value for money." See review