- Day trip from Cancun to the Rio Secreto Nature Reserve
- Swim through an underground river and enjoy the tranquility inside an ancient cave
- See gorgeous crystal-like cave formations above the turquoise water
- Upgrade for hotel pickup and drop-off from most Cancun and Playa Mujeres hotels
- Upgrade and add a visit to the Tulum ruins which is one of the most iconic sites in the destination
Departure & Return
Rio Secreto is located near to Playa del Carmen.
What To Expect
Arrive at Rio Secreto and listen as your guide reviews safety considerations and hands out equipment, including a hard hat with a lamp, a wetsuit, a life vest, and water shoes.
Follow your guide into the underground cave to view the breathtaking crystal formations on both the ceiling and the floor. Walk along a path through the caves and wade or swim through the river itself. Enjoy the sound of your group's movement through the subterranean cavern echoing off the walls. View the vibrant colors and dramatic mineral forms that lie hidden deep below the surface of the earth.
Exit the cave and opt for a shower at the Rio Secreto's facility. Swing in a hammock and enjoy a buffet lunch before boarding your bus for the return trip. End your Rio Secreto adventure with drop-off at your hotel in Cancun or at the Plaza Kukulkan.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Passengers must weigh less than 250 pounds (113 kg)
- Minimum age is 4 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- The duration for the option Rio Secreto Admission tour is 03:30 hrs. (approximately)
- The duration for the option Rio Secreto Tour + Transportation is 06:00 hrs. (approximately)
- The duration for the option Rio Secreto + Tulum Tour is 08:00 Hrs. (approximately)
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Cancun Vacation Experts
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "There are dressing rooms so you can change if you didn't wear your swimsuit under your clothes." See review
Reviews by Viator travelers. We perform checks on reviews