- Full-day trip to Rothenburg ob der Tauber from Frankfurt
- Enjoy a walking tour of Rothenburg's Old Town, led by an expert guide
- Entrance fees to either St Jacob's Church or the Rothenburg Medieval Crime Museum included
- Bring your camera for photos of Rothenburg's pretty half-timbered houses that epitomize medieval Germany
- Transport by luxury air-conditioned coach
Departure & Return
Departure at 09:30 am at the bus stop in front of the Le Meridien Hotel, Wiesenhuettenplatz 38 in Frankfurt
What To Expect
Touted as Germany’s best-preserved medieval town, Rothenburg is a window into the past. Follow your guide on a city tour along cobbled streets to view stunning landmarks like the town’s signature half-timbered houses, the old city walls and town gates, the Renaissance town hall and St. Jacob’s Church.
Your trip includes entrance to the 500-year-old church, where you learn fascinating facts about the building and the church’s famous Holy Bloody Altar. If that doesn’t strike your fancy, choose instead to redeem your free entrance pass at Rothenberg's Medieval Crime Museum.
After your tour and some independent exploring, re-board your coach for the return ride to Frankfurt, arriving in the evening.
Note: Have the good fortune of traveling to Rothenburg between November 25 and December 23? Be sure to visit the town’s splendid Christmas markets, featuring over 100 decorated stalls selling handcrafted goods and edibles. Shop, sample seasonal treats and experience German Christmas tradition.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Audioguide in several languages available on request
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Infants and children must sit in a child seat, which means they need a separate seat, no matter which age (legal regulation)
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- OPERATED BY ETS-Frankfurt
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms