- PADI scuba diving course in Freeport
- Learn about the basics of scuba diving and equipment during the theory session
- Practice scuba skills underwater and learn how to put on and use the equipment during the pool session
- See marine life up close during an open-water dive in the ocean
- Discover the colorful reefs and beautiful dive sites of Grand Bahama
- Receive a PADI discover scuba completion brochure
Departure & Return
Meeting point is VIVA WYNDHAM FORTUNA BEACH RESORT. If you are staying outside the resort, please contact us the day before to get details.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
On dry land, learn basic knowledge during a dive theory session. Hear about important safety guidelines and the basic principles behind scuba diving.
Head into the pool, wearing your scuba gear, for a session that allows you submerge for the first time under the guidance of your PADI-certified instructor. Learn how to control your breath and buoyancy. Get familiar with the components of your gear: mask, regulator, BCD, and oxygen tank.
Then, climb aboard a dive boat with all your gear to experience your first open water dive. Submerge up to 40 feet (12 meters). See vibrant coral reefs and schools of tropical fish eye-to-eye.
Return to the Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach hotel to receive your recognition certificate, valid for the next 12 months. Please note tour can be purchased by Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach Hotel guests only.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Minimum age is 10 years
- All participants are required to complete a health questionnaire prior to diving; some pre-existing medical conditions (e.g. asthma, heart conditions, etc) may prevent you from diving; please consult your doctor
- Dive is subject to weather conditions
- It is recommended that you bring/wear your swimsuit, sunscreen, a hat, towel and water; you may also bring a packed lunch or snacks
- Diving 24 hours prior to the flight is forbidden
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Reef Oasis Viva Bahamas
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by PADI Discover Scuba Diving in Freeport.