1 day 6 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Discover Poland's top UNESCO-listed sites on this Super Saver, combining two popular Krakow tours at a special value price. First, follow an expert guide on a half-day tour of Auschwitz-Birkenau and explore the moving exhibitions and prison blocks of the former Nazi concentration camp complex. On the second day, marvel at the underground tunnels and salt formations inside the 700-year-old Wieliczka Salt Mine. Sharpen your knowledge on two important historical sites over the course of two days.
- Combine two best-selling Krakow tours at one discounted price!
- One day or two day options available. Decide whether to visit both sites in one day or break it down into two morning visits
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Auschwitz-Birkenau concentration camp complex
- See prison barracks, watch a documentary film about the camps, and learn about the lives of the prisoners who were sent there
- Explore the Wieliczka Salt Mine, another of Poland’s UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Go hundreds of feet underground and see spectacular salt formations like the Chapel of St. Kinga
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
This package gives you the flexibility to visit each attraction on a different day.
Saved to wishlist!
Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Professional local guide
Food and drinks, unless specified
Departure & Return
Floriana Straszewskiego 14, 33-332 Kraków, Poland
Kiss and Ride Bus Stop in front of Maltański Hotel
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
This Super Saver allows you to explore Krakow's top historical points of interest over the course of two days. See the Itinerary section for more details on each half-day trip.
Gain a deeper understanding of two of Krakow's UNESCO-listed sites over two days with this Super Saver. Check out the Itinerary for complete descriptions of each tour. Please make sure to contact the supplier at least 72 hours before the tours to confirm your pick up time from our Discover Cracow Tourist Information Point.
Duration: 20 minutes
Admission Ticket Free
Auschwitz-Birkenau Half-Day Trip from Krakow (7 hours) After pickup from the central meeting point or your hotel, start the 1.5-hour drive by minivan to Auschwitz-Birkenau, located outside the town of Oswiecim. During the ride, watch a documentary film about the former Nazi concentration camp. When you arrive, meet your tour guide at the visitor center, and then proceed into the barbed-wire encampment through the gate that still reads “Arbeit macht frei" (Work sets you free). Established in 1940, the Auschwitz complex saw the deaths of more than a million people, most of whom were European Jews. The complex, today a UNESCO World Heritage-listed museum, comprises the Auschwitz I camp and the Birkenau (or Auschwitz II) camp with a total of about 150 buildings and 300 ruins. Auschwitz was only partially destroyed by fleeing Nazis when the camp was liberated, so you are able to see many of the original brick buildings as you walk around. Explore the exhibitions, housed in some of the prison blocks, some of which are dedicated to victims from particular countries. You’ll also see Birkenau, once home to 300 prison barracks and four large gas chambers. Most of this camp was destroyed, but you will get an idea of the vast size of the area, fenced off with watchtowers, and you can enter some of the surviving barracks. When your Auschwitz-Birkenau tour ends, you'll be driven back to the original meeting point.
Duration: 7 hours
Admission Ticket Included
Wieliczka Salt Mine Half-Day Trip (4 hours) Your tour begins with meet-up at the central meeting point followed by a 30-minute drive to the Wieliczka Salt Mine, southeast of the city. The 700-year-old mine and UNESCO World Heritage Site houses nearly 200 miles (300 km) of eerie tunnels, all carved by hand from salt blocks, and you’ll see the section that’s open to the public. With your guide, visit the three upper levels of the mine, at depths of 209 to 443 feet (64 to 135 meters). Begin with a descent down the stairs to the first level, where you’ll be led through chambers and shown underground lakes, shrines and salt monuments. Admire the showstopper – the Chapel of St. Kinga – and marvel at how every one of its features, from chandeliers to the altar, is made of salt! Hear from your guide about the chapel’s history and how it took more than 30 years for two men to complete the wonder, which required more than 200,000 tons of rock salt. Then head to the Eram Baracz Chamber to see another mine highlight, the salt lake whose water contains 11 ounces (320 grams) of salt per liter. You’ll also see a collection of mining equipment, some of which dates back to the Middle Ages. By the time your tour ends, you’ll be 443 feet below ground! Take an elevator back up, and then head back to Krakow by minivan.
Duration: 4 hours
Admission Ticket Included
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The salt mine stays at a temperature of approximately 57 degrees F (14 C); please wear warm clothes and comfortable shoes
- Please note that the tour is offered in English
- Be aware that in the Salt Mine there are 800 steps on the way, including 380 right at the start
- Please note, that the maximum size of backpacks or handbags brought into the Auschwitz Museum & Memorial can not exceed dimensions: 30x20x10 cm
- Overnight accommodation is not included (you return to meeting point after Day 1 tour and continue with the second part of your tour on Day 2; you must have your own accommodation)
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- OPERATED BY Discover Cracow
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Super Saver: Auschwitz-Birkenau and Wieliczka Salt Mine in two days?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Super Saver: Auschwitz-Birkenau and Wieliczka Salt Mine in two days?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Super Saver: Auschwitz-Birkenau and Wieliczka Salt Mine in two days?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Super Saver: Auschwitz-Birkenau and Wieliczka Salt Mine in two days?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "It was not tiring and was well worth the day spent." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Super Saver: Auschwitz-Birkenau and Wieliczka Salt Mine in two days
1 day 6 hours
10 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursOvernight ToursNature and WildlifeMulti-day ToursSuper SaversHistorical ToursPackages & Special EventsCultural & Theme ToursMulti-day & Extended ToursFood, Wine & NightlifeSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingKrakowBus Tours - WroclawOvernight Tours - WroclawNature and Wildlife - WroclawMulti-day Tours - WroclawSuper Savers - WroclawHistorical Tours - WroclawPackages & Special Events - WroclawBus Tours - WarsawOvernight Tours - WarsawNature and Wildlife - WarsawMulti-day Tours - WarsawSuper Savers - WarsawHistorical Tours - WarsawPackages & Special Events - WarsawBus Tours - BudapestOvernight Tours - BudapestNature and Wildlife - BudapestMulti-day Tours - BudapestSuper Savers - BudapestHistorical Tours - BudapestPackages & Special Events - BudapestCategory
Tatra Mountains (Tatry) Tours & TicketsMuseum of Contemporary Art in Krakow (MOCAK) Tours & TicketsWawel Cathedral (Katedra Wawelska) Tours & TicketsMt. Gubalówka Tours & TicketsKrakow Water Park (Park Wodny Kraków) Tours & TicketsNational Museum Tours & TicketsOskar Schindler's Factory (Fabryka Schindlera) Tours & TicketsSt. Florian's Gate (Brama Floriańska) Tours & TicketsHistorical Museum of the City of Krakow Tours & TicketsNowa Huta Tours & TicketsWawel Royal Castle (Zamek Wawelski) Tours & TicketsJan Matejko House (Dom Jana Matejki) Tours & TicketsPieniny National Park (Pieninski Park Narodowy) Tours & TicketsKrakow Ethnographic Museum (Muzeum Etnograficzne w Krakowie) Tours & TicketsFamily Home of John Paul II Tours & TicketsOgrodzieniec Castle (Zamek Ogrodzieniec) Tours & TicketsJózef Czapski Pavilion (Pawilon Józefa Czapskiego) Tours & TicketsJagiellonian University (Uniwersytet Jagielloński) Tours & TicketsPodgórze Tours & TicketsSt. Stanislaus Church (Skalka) Tours & Tickets