- Day trip to the Berchtesgaden Eagle’s Nest, the former mountain retreat of Adolf Hitler, from Munich, with a professional guide
- Absorb views of Alpine peaks and pastures on a drive southwest through Bavaria
- Ride a bus and elevator up Mt. Kehlstein to the Eagle’s Nest mountain lodge
- Explore Hitler’s one-time retreat, where he received visiting dignitaries
- See the chambers and many original features, including a mantelpiece gifted by Mussolini
- Ogle the incredible terrace views over the mountains and to Lake Königssee
- Visit the Berchtesgaden salt mines if bad weather prevents access to the Eagle’s Nest
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
In front of Karlsplatz 21/ Sonnenst. corner Bayerst. Take exit "G" or "F" from the basement. GMaps+: 4HQ7+GQ München Please be at the departure point 20 minutes prior departure.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- In case of snow and ice, the Eagle's Nest will be closed and world famous Salt Mines will be visited instead
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 48 travelers
- OPERATED BY Gray Line Sightseeing Munich
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "There’s not a ton in the actual building of the eagles nest but the views are beautiful, worth it right there." See review
- "The eagles nest is a fascinating place although small in size, definitely worth a visit if you are in Bavaria." See review
- "While we understand weather conditions impact some events, we were told on the day that Eagles Nest is not usually opened prior to mid May." See review
Reviews by Viator travelers. We perform checks on reviews