- Day trip from Munich to Herrenchiemsee by train
- Fully guided tours of the islands of Herreninsel and Fraueninsel
- Train journey to and from Munich, and boat rides on Chiemsee Lake
- Walk through the luscious gardens and ornate interior of the Herrenchiemsee Palace
- Admire the splendid architecture created by King Ludwig I
Departure & Return
You find our office and meeting spot at Dachauer Straße 4, a shop with large glass windows and a small parking space infront. We are facing north side. Please come and meet us inside this location 20 min prior to departure time.
What To Expect
This lavish castle is located on an island in the Chiemsee. Admire the incredible backdrop of majestic Bavarian lakes and mountains. Head inside for a guided walking tour of the large staterooms: the State Staircase, the State Bedroom and the Great Hall of Mirrors, plus the king's own rooms in the intimate Small Apartment, designed in the French rococo style. The palace is extravagance at its finest, with elegant gardens and walkways and ornate interiors of gold, glass, and porcelain.
After the tour, take a boat ride (own expense) across the lake to the island of Frauenchiemsee, the second largest of the three islands in the Chiemsee. Explore the island and be sure to stop at the historic Benedictine convent, which dates back to the first century.
The tour ends with a return trip to Munich.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- OPERATED BY Radius Tours GmbH
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "Easy flowing day with information, top tips and help with lunch selection too!" See review
Reviews by Viator travelers. We perform checks on reviews