- Private half-day trip to Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial Site from Munich
- Learn about Dachau during the days of the Third Reich (Nazi Germany)
- See poignant sites like the Arbeit macht frei gateway and the administration headquarters
- Visit the museum and hear of the persecuted prisoners who suffered at Dachau
- Receive personalized attention from a private guide
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Please arrive 10 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
The Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial Site was the first Nazi concentration camp in Germany during the Holocaust. It served as a model for all the other camps that followed it. See the photographs, documents, reconstructed cell blocks, crematorium, administration headquarters and much more on a tour of both the camp and museum.
Find out little-known facts about the Nazis linked to this site, like Heinrich Himmler, and listen to the stories of some of Dachau’s 200,000 prisoners—communists, German dissidents, gay men, and Jehovah’s Witnesses, as well as Jewish and Polish men and women.
This private tour is a customized experience, so be sure to include any specific requests and feel free to ask the guide questions at any time. After touring the site, spend some free time exploring the museum. Then, return by train to Munich.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Children age 13 and under are not allowed to participate in tours of Dachau
- Please advise at time of booking if you prefer to meet your guide at your centrally located Munich hotel or at Munich train station
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Nuremberg City of Empires Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "Good for teens to learn about the atrocities that were committed during this time period, but not recommended for smaller children." See review
- "We recommend a private tour for this visit since we left with better understanding and ability to ask more questions rather than a group tour." See review
- "Even though she had been there before and had taught history in school, she thought that the presentation from Brandon provided a lot of new information and was well worth taking the tour." See review