- Kayak tour through the mangrove tunnels in the Florida Everglades
- Explore one of the largest mangrove forests in North America
- Kayak under the mangrove jungle canopy and admire the incredible scenery
- Watch for diverse wildlife including alligators, herons, ducks and fish species
- Led by a certified naturalist guide
Departure & Return
Please meet at the EVERGLADES AREA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE building at the intersection of US 41 (Tamiami Trail) and SR 29 (Collier Blvd.); This area is also known as Carnestown. Look for your guide's vehicle on the SE corner of the intersection pulling a kayak trailer loaded with kayaks.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Follow your guide into the mangrove tunnels, where tree canopies arch almost 10 feet (3 meters) overhead. As you glide through this vast forest — one of the largest mangrove forests in North America — view the flora that make up the diverse ecosystem and spot native wildlife like herons, egrets, ducks, spoonbills, alligators, otters and an array of fish. Soak up tales from your local guide as you wind through the quiet creeks and snap amazing photos.
Your 3.5-hour tour concludes back at the launch point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Everglades Area Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "knowledgeable guides, good equipment, but above all: beautiful nature with lots of birds, alligators and turtles." See review