- Czech Spas of Karlovy Vary and Marianske full day guided coach tour from Prague
- Discover the rich history of Karlovy Vary and its twelve springs
- See Marianske Lazne with its curative springs and unique historical architecture
- Enjoy a delicious lunch
- Walk along the Tepla (warm) River and majestic Neo-Renaissance colonnades and taste different mineral waters
- Led by a professional guide
Departure & Return
The tour starts from the Gray Line office, Revolucni street 25, Prague 1, 110 00, Palace Vltava at 9:00. You will be welcome there by your driver and guide.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Known in German as Karlsbad or Carlsbad, Karlovy Vary straddles the Tepla River and grew up around natural springs said to have been discovered by Holy Roman Emperor Charles — or Karl, IV — in 1358. As its reputation as a health spa grew, its reputedly curative waters drew many famous figures, including the composers Beethoven and Brahms during the 1800s.
Stretch your legs along the Tepla and admire the neo-Renaissance colonnades and spring fountains. Sample some of the town’s twelve mineral waters and enjoy free time to shop for souvenirs.
Break for an included restaurant lunch, and afterward, visit the Moser Glass Factory Museum. Discover Karlovy’s two other claims to fame: Moser crystal glassware and Thun porcelain. Browse the delicate pieces displayed at the Moser shop and Thun showroom, and if you wish, buy some as mementos.
Next, travel south to Marianske Lazne, another historical spa town in the Slavkovský les forest. Take a walking tour of the town, passing its romantic colonnades and parks as you learn about its mineral springs.
Visit the famous Cross Spring colonnade to taste its waters, and then return to Prague by coach to finish your tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Reservation for shared tour may be cancelled or rescheduled if the minimum group size (4) is not met.
- Most travelers can participate
- Shared tour (transfer) is provided in a small group in compliance with all hygienic regulations on health protection such as disinfection of cars before each trip, observance of distances during the trip and in the places visited, disinfectants for use by clients.
- Clients must have covered noses and mouths (facemask or scarf) and have gloves (they can be needed in some cases).
- Private option trip with guide and driver is for up to 6 participants.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- OPERATED BY Gray Line Czech Republic
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands