- Day trip from Prague to Český Krumlov with an expert guide
- Enjoy a walking tour of UNESCO-listed Český Krumlov Old Town, with its cobbled streets and pretty squares
- Get free time to browse the charming shops and relax at a restaurant or pub
- Pickup and drop-off in central Prague included
Departure & Return
Departure Point: Old Town Square, Prague Address: Parizska Street no. 1, Prague At the corner with Old Town Square (Prague Old Town) Directions: The departure point is a bus stop/ticket booth/kiosk marked Martin Tour, located on the corner of Parizska Street No. 1 and the Old Town Square (Staromestske namesti). The nearest metro station is Staromestska (line A), a 3-min. walk down Kaprova Street. GPS: 50.0879793, 14.4202731
What To Expect
On route, listen to tales about this UNESCO-protected gem on the River Vltava. Often called a miniature Prague, this medieval town boasts well-preserved Gothic, Baroque and Renaissance buildings nestled around a 13th-century castle.
Enjoy a walking tour of the Old Town, learning about Český’s 1,000-year past as you explore the cobbled lanes and squares. Admire the colorful medieval townhouses, and see highlights such as the Town Hall and St Vitus Cathedral as you learn about their history.
Pay a visit to Český Krumlov Castle, the second biggest in the Czech Republic. Tour the courtyards and richly decorated interiors, and discover how it was the seat of the powerful Rozmberk and Schwarzenberg families from the 14th to the 20th centuries. (The castle entrance fee is included, except in winter when the road to the castle is closed.)
Admire the castle gardens and don’t miss the 18th-century castle theater, a unique example of a completely preserved Baroque theater.
Before returning to Prague, enjoy free time to explore independently. Perhaps scout for souvenirs in Český’s charming shops, stroll along the river, or relax in one of the restaurants or pubs.
Later, journey back to Prague, where your tour ends at the start point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- The tour may be guided in two or three languages (English guaranteed)
- Lunch is included during the winter season, November 1 through March 31, instead of the castle entrance fee, as the castle interiors will be closed for winter
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 28 travelers
- OPERATED BY Martin Tour Prague Ltd.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized